Tuesday 31 May 2011

iPhone 4 finally launched in India

It seems that the long wait of one year by the avid users of latest mobiles for the latest version of Apple’s iPhone 4 has ended. With the Apple’s next-generation smartphone hitting the stores worldwide, the iPhone 4 was showcased by Bharti Airtel on Friday in the world’s second most competitive market for mobile phones, India, across 34 cities with a bang.

Though many companies have tried to redraft the feature and application of the iPhone 4, Airtel CEO (West Bengal and Orissa) PD Sharma had claimed, “iPhone 4 will stand out for its original applications and cater to the middle segment as well, with attractive pricing which will not create a pinch both in the long and short term”.

With the news making reverberations in the contours of the market, large number of tech savvy groups were seen gazing at the seamless beauty of iPhone 4, despite of its high end prices for Rs 34,500 for the 16GB model and Rs 40,900 for the 32GB model.

In order to take benefit from the hoopla surrounding iPhone 4, Airtel and Aircel are offering lucrative schemes to the customers. Confirming the strategic approach adopted by telecom companies in India to beat the neck to neck competition, P. D. Sharma explained the reverse subsidy schemes, in which cost of the phone can be recovered by customer through discounts in mobile bills over a period of two years, which has already impacted Chinese market. Launching iPhone in a country like India where everyone is just mad for the technology was a good step by the Apple and the others who took the initiative to bring this masterpiece to India.
I have bought one and I am using Airtel plans and even though it’s 3G, so I enjoy the full benefits of it, I always carry my iPad with me so when ever I need a WiFi connection or a hotspot connection I turn on my iPhone Personal Hot-Spot feature in the setting section and with the help of the Bluetooth feature I run my iPad with a Personal WiFi connectivity. And even though I get a speed of about 16.2 MBPS it’s amazing to search the web with great speed.

So that’s it for the today’s Blog
Rest in Next

2 comments: